Premier Sailing Club on Lake Simcoe
The Lagoon City Yacht Club is a member-run yacht club located in a sheltered lagoon, a short canal ride from Lake Simcoe. We offer moorings, activities, and community for our members, most of whom own a sailboat or powerboat. The object of the Club is to promote and encourage boating and sailing on Lake Simcoe, while emphasizing racing, cruising, socializing and education, without financial gain. The club was founded in 1964 and celebrated its 55th anniversary in 2019. Contact us to find out how you can become a member of one of the premier sailing clubs on Lake Simcoe.
Club Notices - Updated July 6th, 2021
LCYC Covid 19 Guidelines
Summer 2021 (Ont. Level 2) July 1, 2021
LCYC guidelines and self-governing rules to enable us to have restrictive use of the LCYC facilities during the summer of 2021 or until restrictions are lifted.
1. Some Club Facilities are to be OFF LIMITS TO ALL MEMBERS until the province lifts the restrictionson access to Community Buildings. Slips, Grounds, Docks & washroom accessible only.
2. There are to be no more than 25 in a group with a 6’ distance restriction outdoor only.
3. The club house is to remain locked at all times. Members will be issued a key for the washroom access only.
4. The use of the two showers will be permitted for 2 members at a time.
5. Access to the Club & Washrooms to be locked at all times and available to LCYC members only.
6. Members to clean & wipe facilities down after each use, clean and wipe toilet seats/toilet, light switches, sink and doorknobs on both sides. (Disinfectant wipes & hand cleaner to be supplied by members)
7. All PPE wipes etc to be taken home to be disposed of in an approved manner.
8. The club kitchen would be closed. (No Access.)
9. No club or member fridges in the club house to be used.
10. Social gathering of no more than 25 members are permissible on lawns surrounding our club house. (No Access to the building for social gathering).
11. The club room & deck closed (No Access).
12. Parking would be for LCYC authorized members only. A chain to be installed across the drive access. Only opened for access and regress refastened behind the vehicle in and out. Two passes will be issued to each senior member. A sign on the chain – AUTHORIZED LCYC MEMBERS ONLY -
13. An LCYC authorization card to be displayed in the vehicle when parked.
14. Picnic table use permitted 6ft spacing between tables minimum.
15. Two Barbeques to be active suitably spaced, each used by one family at a time and not to be shared with others. (Cook your own.)
16. Water and power to be available at the dock for members use only.
17. Trash, bottles and garbage to be taken away. Not left at the facilities.
18. The chiminea not to be used. (No fires)
19. No guest boats from other clubs or marinas.
20. Provincial Covid-19 health guidelines to be strictly adhered to, and modified as they are up dated.
21.Failing to adhere to these guidelines will result in a members club privileges be suspended.
COVID and sailing at LCYC
For a second year we will be seeing our summer sailing in a restricted way to maintain safety. Not having access to the clubhouse impacts our social activities and kitchen use. No visitors are allowed at this time for our property and docks. The good news is that the Lake is open for business and we can use our vessels to raise our sails and cruise the waters. Once the wind blows we can explore the anchorages and enjoy the water; both sailing and swimming.
As the situation changes we can open up but this is contingent on the Community Association as they control the building.
As terrible as the pandemic has been for our land life, we can enjoy our boats as there is lots of open air and free skies. Lets get launched an go sailing.
Lagoon City Yacht Club is now open to Members and their guests. The property is not accessible to the general public.
ALL club social events are suspended until further notice. The Club Executive are in constant contact and will continue to monitor the situation and comply with all government directives where appropriate. Executive Board meetings will be held electronically and there will be no face-to-face meetings. Our Commodore will provide updates by email.
Lagoon City Dry Dock Marina and the yard are now open for business. Please observe COVID-19 restrictions. You must wear a mask when entering the office area.
You may contact the marina and subscribe to their up-date newsletters. If you need any further information, please contact the marina office directly at (705) 484-5433 or email@example.com
Want to Join LCYC?
The Lagoon City Yacht Club is open to both residents and non-residents of Lagoon City and offers both “Senior” and “Social” family memberships. There are no additional fees for spouses and dependent children. Our mission is to promote yachting, seamanship and fellowship among members. The clubhouse and grounds boast safe, clean and environmentally friendly facilities. Our fees are amongst the best you will find in southern Ontario! So have your family join our family, join our club, welcome aboard!